Explore Pasadena, CA
Pasadena Neighborhood Guides
Pasadena CA Neighborhood Guides
Pasadena, California is a beautiful place to live for many reasons, but one of its greatest assets is the diversity of its neighborhoods.
Each community has its unique character, making the city feel like a collection of small towns rather than a sprawling metropolis. Pasadena neighborhoods are a mix of historic and newly built properties, with many beautifully restored homes. They feature charming Victorian-era homes and tree-lined streets. The 1920s and 30s homes have a timeless, classic look that is hard to find in newer neighborhoods. With a wide variety of homes for sale, you’re sure to find the perfect property to fit your needs and lifestyle.
HISTORIC DISTRICT: Old Pasadena District is a specific commercial and entertainment area within the broader Old Town Pasadena CA, neighborhoods. The revitalized historic business area is now a popular destination for up-market restaurants, a movie theater, shops, outdoor cafés, pubs, and comedy clubs, and it has an active nightlife. This district features more than 200 shops providing endless entertainment for the locals.
EPIC EVENTS: The downtown area of Pasadena neighborhoods hosts the Tournament of Roses Parade and the Rose Bowl Football game. As Professor Charles F. Holder said, “In New York, people are buried in snow. Here our flowers are blooming, and our oranges are about to bear. Let’s hold a festival to tell the world about our paradise.” These words gave birth to an annual parade of covered floats, marching bands, and equestrian units, followed by one of the major bowl games in college football. These events bring the city to life and are unique ways to celebrate the New Year.
ARTS & CULTURE: Homes for sale in Pasadena CA are close to several art museums and public galleries. The Norton Simon Museum, the Pasadena Playhouse, and the State Theater of California are venues for culturally enriching artworks. Red Hen Press, one of the largest independent literary publishers, is also located in this city. They mainly produce poetry, literary fiction, and nonfiction literature. Find a new appreciation for art and immerse yourself in the works passionately crafted by artists.
Homes for Sale in Pasadena, CA
10 Real Estate Facts about Pasadena, CA
- Typical architectural styles found in neighborhoods include Craftsman home designs.
- The average year built is from 1900 to 1930.
- Most properties found in the community are single-family homes and condominiums valued from $449,000 to $988,000.
- Homes have different floor plans, but all provide ample living space, ranging from 500 sq ft. to 2,000 sq ft.
- Standard lot sizes are from 0.07 to 0.17 acres.
- Residences often feature one to four bedrooms and one to four bathroom configurations.
- The value of homes featuring a much larger floor plan starts from $1M to $8M.
- They sit on more expansive lots measuring 0.12 to 1.61 acres.
- Bigger houses have footprints ranging from 1,100 sq ft. to 12,000 sq ft.
- Some of the biggest Pasadena neighborhoods in terms of land size are South Arroyo, North Arroyo, and Downtown Pasadena.
Pasadena, CA Real Estate Market Information
Median Home Price
Median Price Per Sqft
Average Days on Market
Median Price of Sold Homes
Home Ownership Percentage
Find Your Home
Homes for Sale in Pasadena, CA
On the map
The Raymond Fault, the San Rafael Hills, and the San Gabriel Mountains define the greater Pasadena region’s boundaries.
Your Pasadena REALTOR®
Hi, I'm Kevin Kwan
I’m a Strong Negotiator, Efficient Problem-solver, and more importantly, I Get Results! Having done more than $70 million in sales in the region, I aim to provide a pleasant and professional working experience with my clients and work hard to get them the best deal for their needs. Contact me today for any real estate-related inquiries in Pasadena, California.